Slider Adverts

Thursday, March 8, 2012

HAPPY WOMENS DAY -MESSAGE FROM EMELDA MWAMANGA!

EMELDA MWAMANGA
Today I woke up with a smile on my face, peace in my heart, so much love and joy and lots of energy. I woke up at 5:00am, well it's been a while since I woke up that early to prepare for a women's meeting organised by Tanzania Women of Achievement Award (TWAA). Thanks to Irene Kiwia for inviting me to celebrate a women's day in a room full of powerful women at the Serena Hotel. Dar es-salaam.
I was there at 6:30am, That's how excited I was. I guess I was among very few people who attended this event early, if not the organisers themselves.

Well,  As I celebrate this day, today 8th March 2012. I am very overwhelmed with happiness for so many reasons. First I am happy to be a woman, to be a mother, to be a wife, to be Tanzanian and to be black!!!!! hahahahahaha what an achievement.

Let's not take it for granted. We are on this earth for a reason. God didn't just accidentally make you a woman. God made us women with purpose.  Understand your value and your purpose. You are a solution to someone else's problem. Lets reach out to other women in need and lets help one another.

I would like to extend my gratitude to women who have crossed my path and touched me. These women have inspired me, they are my role model and I love them to bits.
i) My mother - Lydia Mwamanga ii) My sister Ritha Mwamanga, iii) My mentor Anne Moore- retired CEO, Time Inc. iv) my role model Joaquine De-Mello, vi) role model - Mama Tibaijuka, vii) Role model Dr. Marina Njelekela viii) Role model & friend Modesta Mahiga,  viii) My friend and a role model-  Irine Kiwia.  ix) role model- Dr. Asha Rose Migiro  x) all other powerful, hardworking women of Tanzania, You inspire me!!!!!

I would like to share some powerful quotes;

 "Somewhere out in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the President's spouse. I wish him well!" ~ Barbara Bush

 "Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself." ~ Oprah Winfrey
' To be a woman is to be a human!!' Emelda Mwamanga.

"The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world." ~ Charles Malik 

All of us, no matter how big or how small, whether male or female -- we all owe our lives to a woman. While Mother's Day may not be till May, let's celebrate all the women of the world with these inspirational quotes during International Women's Day and Women's History Mont

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...